Monday, February 28, 2011

113: Must be in want of a wife!

Our family has ushered at the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company for 11 years. They do the works of Shakespeare, rotating through the canon, selecting both well known and little known plays. In addition, they usually select other wonderful plays such as "The Importance of Being Earnest" or "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead." This time, Caitrin and I ushered for "Pride and Prejudice" on Oscar night (wherein Colin Firth won the Oscar for "The King's Speech"). So fitting.

I love the Cincinnati pig in the background—he's "HAMlet" of course!

About now I'm wanting Tracy's DSLR for these horrid indoor photos that my P&S is so inadequate to capture.

5 comments:

Dalissa 365 said...

I so relate to the p&s issue now that Jeff got me one for Christmas. i am so spoiled by having access to professional equipment that using a p&s is depressing sometimes, but lugging around those heavy cameras and lenses is a major deterrent!

Tracy P. said...

Fun event to record though--yes, love the pig!

I will admit I am still in awe over those basketball photos. I had no idea you could get clean shots of that game. Didn't mean to cause camera envy though!

patrice said...

Love the pig...and you know why! (it just needs wings!)

Nutrition Tailor said...

Fun, colorful picture--and your narration reminds me of how much I love our annual attendance at a small local theater group in Minneapolis--the Gilbert & Sullivan Light Opera Company. They do an amazing job (especially as they are not professionals!) and have SO much fun!

Sandy said...

See if your p&s has a white balance setting. If so, you might be able to do something about the lighting.

Love C. in this shot - of course, she's always lovely and uber fashionable.

The pig is too cute. I thought you were going to say he was the mascot for your upcoming marathon. Didn't it have something to do with pigs?

flickr

Site Meter