Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Action: Liam plays lacrosse

Action: Liam plays lacrosse
Action: Liam plays lacrosse, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

I've been trying to take an action shot based on the photojojo advice: follow the subject with the camera and shoot while the camera is moving and follow through. When you do, the rest of the shot will be blurred but the subject will be clear.

This is as close as I've gotten. I liked it though. Liam's on the right, blue jersey. :)

Here's a funny one to show how the guys hang around between plays.
Hanging around

5 comments:

Sandie said...

Lacrosse is one of the few sports I like to watch. I think the kids who play it are so quick and agile. You did a good job with this action shot.

my15minutes said...

I've tried that advice too, but never had much success. But you did! Liam's upper half is in good focus, so I'd say you were successful.

Paula said...

I've had occasional success. It helps if you are standing still and they are moving by you, not towads you or away from you. But this is good. I love the second shot...it gives an optical illusion effect with them leaning.

Ianqui said...

Freezing motion is tough! I was just reading the chapter on shutter speed and freezing motion in this book called "Understanding Exposure", and I might go out and try it today too.

Sandy said...

I'd say you were successful w/ the instructions based on this photo. I could immediately pic out Liam because of the sharp focus. You did a good job. I like the 2nd shot too - made me smile.

flickr

Site Meter