Friday, January 19, 2007

Trip to Fabrications


Trip to Fabrications, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

This is our favorite yarn store.


Caitrin knits

Caitrin Knits, originally uploaded by juliecinci.


Caitrin is hooked on knitting. About the photo: The Jawelensky print in the background is called "Madonna and Child" even though it depicts a girl and her doll. I love the way the colors coordinate with the knitting needles, the scrunchy on Caitrin's hand, her striped t-shirt and the flecked yarn.

6 comments:

SUSAN said...

Love the colors and Caitrin's concentration. How old is she? Christy,lldd, is learning to knit also. :-)

Susan

Ampersand said...

Well, just ditto Susan on the colors and her expression!

Sandie said...

These are both really pretty. I especially like the one of Caitrin. The angle, colors and concerntration on her face work to make a picture I want to linger over.

Colleen said...

Julie, you are one those rare people who is creative both linguistically and visually. I really like the picture of the yarn, maybe because it makes me think of my mother, who is always wielding yarn and needles.

my15minutes said...

I like all the elements you mention. Also like the soft light you got on the skeins of yarn.

LauraLiz said...

I can just ditto everyone else!

The yarn with all the colors and potential jut makes me happy!

flickr

Site Meter