Thursday, February 22, 2007

Caitrin sews a quilt

Caitrin sews a quilt
Caitrin sews a quilt, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

The headphones connect to the TV which is behind her. She says she can hear the show over the sewing machine that way. Caitrin sews while "watching" Arthur. The paintings on the wall on the left of the photo are all by Caitrin. She has her own little gallery. The quilts are sewn for and donated to leukemia patients. According to her teacher, she is a natural seamstress. This seven by five block quilt top took her about three hours of sewing. Her t-shirt says: "We R the fu+ure."

8 comments:

Ianqui said...

This is a great "slice of life" photo. Somtimes I think these are the ones we'll all appreciate the most later. (Not that I have many of them, if any.)

Ampersand said...

Caitrin rocks!

jo(e) said...

I just love the look on her face.

carrie said...

Sewing and other needlework seems to be so therapeudic. My oldest does cross-stich, crocheting, and knitting. She often has the same look on her face as Caitrin...calm and focused. Hannah also loves to listen to headphones while she works, only hers are usually audio books or lectures.

BTW- I really like what I can see of Caitrin's artwork. I'd love to see more...hint, hint....

LauraLiz said...

I posted to your Flikr account by mistake. Whenever I hit my scroll bar when looking at your blog in google reader it takes me directly to Flickr.

ANYWAY, I love the look of concentration on your busy girl's face!!

Scrivener said...

I like that art work on the wall, too. My girls are just starting to get into sewing at Montessori and love it.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

What a great kid. You must be so proud. :)

Sandie said...

This is really an inspirational picture. I have always wanted to learn to really sew. I think it is wonderful that she is into it and successful at a young age.

flickr

Site Meter