Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Council of Chalcedon


Council of Chalcedon, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

Describe the key christological teachings stemming from the Council of Chalcedon.... Try to connect your explanation of the doctrine of Christ emerging from the Council of Chalcedon to Christian understandings of the human person. Use Origen and Athanasius' Life of Antony to think about the extent to which, when we truly imitate Christ, some kind of transformation in our personhood can occur. If you can, relate these ideas to the process of salvation. (At least think out the implications of them on salvation.)

My early morning study look is needing a little transformation, I'm thinking...

Photobooth camera shot courtesy of my MacBook Pro... which always looks gorgeous in the mornings.

9 comments:

Jeff Reeder said...

Ouch. Not what I would want to try to wrap my brain around this early. Nice photo. I like the contemplative, studious look.

carrie said...

I'm so proud of you! Can I be you when I grow up? I'm so impressed that you are even thinking about such questions! I'm more impressed that you are going to actually give an answer!

I think your early morning study look is great. All the picture needed was a shot of the cup of tea or coffee nearby.....

Carrie

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Jeff is right, I would have a hard time wrapping my head around that, but the picture communicates that it isn't light stuff. :)

NoVA Dad said...

Wow -- I'm having flashbacks to my brief stint in graduate theology school. The question(s) that you put in the caption to the photo are all too reminiscent of the types of questions I got back then; maybe I'll go back and finish one day.....

SUSAN said...

I love the glimpse of the window and tree behind you. Also, like the way you are "right there"...I could almost reach out and touch you.

Susan

Sandie said...

I was going to do quick look before turning in, it has been a LONG day, and this picture stopped me. It is really great. Your expression speaks volumes!

LauraLiz said...

Julie, this is a terrific photo of you. Don't ever lose it...I think it captures at least one aspect of you as a theology student extremely well!

Unknown said...

Susan, I'm so glad you noticed the tree and windows. I took a few shots and discovered I could position myself to have those show up. They provide some much-needed white space in the otherwise dark shot.

Thanks all for such nice affirming words.

Katrina said...

Oh, you look so studious! Your face communicates the hard thinking going on. The window really does add a lightness & light to the photo. Great job!

flickr

Site Meter