Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rain, rain, go away

Rain, rain, go away
Rain, rain, go away, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

That's rain water on the floor because it rained yesterday, all day, beginning the disastrous snow melt, and flooding the basement. I spent part of the afternoon bailing water out of our basement window insets and mopping up inches of water near our washing machines. I wore these shoes to try to keep from sinking through the top layer of melting snow, but to no avail. I was soaked by the time I came back inside, right up to my knees.

I woke up with "Here Comes the Sun" playing in my head. May it be so! Right now, we're on two hour delay for the schools because the fog is so thick, the buses can't drive. What a wild ride of weather we've had!

Edited to add: I just went outside to give my husband a set of keys and nearly broke both wrists and my tailbone falling on the ice. All that melted snow? Now treacherously frozen.

10 comments:

Ianqui said...

That's a really great angle on this photo! Nice job.

SUSAN said...

That shoe says a lot...."BE CAREFUL!" I'm glad you could still type after the fall. :-)

Susan

Dancingirl said...

At least you got a good photo out of it! I like the angle, the reflection, in short, the whole photo. Sorry about the weather. Snow is fun, but alternately icy and melting water isn't. We had rain this a.m. but the SUN came out around noon! Hope it does for you, too.

Dalissa 365 said...

Hmmm... so since I took my Fluevog shot and know how I got it, I have to ask... did you really lay on the wet floor to get this shot? What we'll do to get the shot, huh? I'm so GLAD you did NOT break your wrists and tailbone... that would NOT have been good. And, I hear you about melting snow. The first year we moved in here there was a huge snow and then a huge melt. Well, smoke started coming out of our vents and I had to call the fire dept. As it turns out, our basement was flooded a couple feet deep and the smoke was because it was up to some part of the boiler. Embarassing and a complete mess, to say the least. We had to have the basement pumped out before we could replace the sump pumps which were installed illegally by the previous owners. I hope you are able to get everything taken care of quickly.

Dalissa 365 said...

PS: I like this shot, btw, and the cool, chunky shoe.

Ampersand said...

Wow, great shot and it tells a story too...

Sandie said...

I really like the shot! I am sorry about all the cold wet and falling. It was over 60 here today so and think it is headed your way!

margaretm said...

That's a really amazing photo! After reading your note, though, I could help but think of you lying down after falling, taking this picture. (Even though you fell outside)

Crazy 365 bloggers will take their camera anywhere.

Heather Lea said...

Very nice picture!!!

sounds like we had a similar day mopping up a flooded house, Im ready for the sun and dry weather!!!

Scrivener said...

What a great photo! Perhaps the most expressive photo of a shoe I've seen.

flickr

Site Meter