Saturday, February 10, 2007

Dr. Dewey


Dr. Dewey, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

The incomparable Dr. Arthur (Art) Dewey.

Margaret posted the photo of the two of us at our Theological Dinner last night, but I wanted to remember our favorite professor. She and I are co-presidents of his fan club. :)

We laughed when we spotted him because Dr. Dewey is never without his camera. In our first class (Pauline Writings) together (Margaret and I with Dr. D), during one lecture, Dr. Dewey paused, lifted his camera and shot the sunset out the window... and then as quickly as he clicked the shutter, he resumed his lecture without missing a beat. He takes pictures of every class to remember them by. He's the only teacher I've ever had who does that.

Last night we engaged in a camera duel wherein we tried to outshoot each other and as this photo reveals, I won! :) Clicked my shot before he got his camera to his eye.

So this is my tribute to a wonderful, life-changing teacher. Thanks Dr. Dewey for who you are and all you do.

No comments:

flickr

Site Meter