Monday, February 5, 2007

For those interested: Xavier University

I created two sets of photos in "slideshow view" today. I took a set of photos from a variety of perspectives to look at ways I could create arrangements of random objects for greatest impact. The first picture in the slideshow series is a "boring" shot that I used to set the context for the way I then worked with the environment to create a more interesting composition. I call this set: "Study in rakes and brooms."

Rakes and brooms #8

Then the other set is my attempt to capture Xavier University while seeking the best b&w shot. In the end, I liked more of these photos in color so left them alone.

Dana Entrance

These are just for fun.

2 comments:

Dalissa 365 said...

Neat sets. I like being able to see where you go to school. I think Rakes and Brooms #1 is my favorite from that series. I like the golden yellow of the straw broom and the other bits of color on the other tools against the bright blue sky. The tines of the rakes against the blue sky are nice, too, but almost make me feel like you are caged in or the sky is caged in. ;)

LauraLiz said...

Blue skies and sunshine help everything, don't they! I love the brooms and rakes against the sky. My favorites in the Xavier set are the ones with curves. This was fun.

flickr

Site Meter