Friday, February 2, 2007

Funschooling


Funschooling, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

My sister called today. We updated each other on our lives, including bird watching, game playing and movie viewing. She said I wasn't "unschooling," I was "funschooling."

Ironically I had taken this photo for today's post to show that we do sit at the table sometimes and work with real school books. But then I looked closer and noticed that while Caitrin is writing out spelling words for a game we were about to play, I remembered that they were "fashion" words from Vogue magazine. She also made "art trading cards" out of my Moo pictures from Flickr.

And caught right in the middle of studying algebra is Jacob's hand on the X Box controller to adjust the music volume and the visual images on the X Box while it blasted "Song of the Heart" from "Happy Feet." Too funny.

Detail shot of fashion spelling list:
The fashion plate

5 comments:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

LOL! Fashion spelling list. Too fun.

Sandie said...

I love the angle and all the stuff going on in the top shot. I think anything that inspires spelling is awesome! We get ours from all kinds of sources.

SUSAN said...

Were you hanging from the light fixture? Love the angle.

Cool wasy to do spelling. I'll have to remember that!

Susan

Ampersand said...

Love that angle, inspired!

Katrina said...

Fashion spelling list? Where do you get these ideas?!?! I am completely "creative idea challenged." Maybe *I* should come to your funschool! :)

flickr

Site Meter