Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Caitrin through a glass....


Caitrin swims, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

We had a ski day planned with fifteen kids... and they all called one at a time to cancel last night when it was discovered that more than half the runs at Perfect North would be closed. Caitrin was heart-broken.

Then she said, "Well, if we can't ski, can we swim?"

And of course I said yes.

So this is Caitrin through the glass while I worked on my computer. I love the way the reflection shows up on her face and the heel of her hand is pressed against the window. We're at our local YMCA's indoor pool. You can see the "New Year's Resolution" runners on tread mills in the reflection if you look closely.

I used the blur effect on the edges.

9 comments:

my15minutes said...

Oh, I really like this one of Caitrin. She looks so much like Jacob now. Or maybe it's just that the last time I saw Jacob he was closer to her age now! Anyway, I like the activity everywhere in the photo: the pool, the reflection, Caitrin.

Ampersand said...

Great shot, the blur effect is cool too. We have the same ceiling in our Y :-).

Dancingirl said...

You are a fast learner!! This great!

Unknown said...

I'm having the best time with this 365 deal! I'm going to blog about it on julieunplugged. It really is changing how I see everything.

This photo especially pleased me because I was being somewhat intentional even while capturing Caitrin in a moment of spontaneity!

All of your blogs are helping me tos ee differently. Really fun!

Ampersand said...

sorry to be so verbose by adding a second comment...but I have to give an amen to how life-changing it has been to do 365. New eyes --for myself and others lives. And I have yet to get that far out of my house or yard with my camera!

I was being somewhat intentional even while capturing Caitrin in a moment of spontaneity!

yes, that's cool!

LauraLiz said...

I just love this. Love it.

Sandy said...

Oh my she's such a cutie. She seems like a ham - at least in front of the camera - is she?

I love that her next thought after not being able to go skiing was to ask to go swimming. Well why not? :)

This is just a really cool picture - from the spontaneity and cuteness to the reflection and action. I really like it!

Jess said...

Very cute shot, such a fun expression! I definitely like the reflections, they add another "layer."

Unknown said...

Caitrin is one of those introverted hams. She hates to be the center of attention if it means people notice. :) So she will dance and sing and talk into a microphone and recite poetry and make up dialogs between two characters and she'll play them both... but if someone happens to see her doing it and she discovers you watching, the whole thing shuts down an dtears spring to her eyes in embarassment.

That's why this picture was so great. I caught her hambone spirit without embarassing her! Not easy to do.

And I laughed when she said swimming too. Why not indeed?

flickr

Site Meter