Sunday, January 7, 2007

Reputable Business Owner


Reputable Business Owner, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

Sunday is "Cookie Day" at our house. Every week Jacob bakes from scratch at least four dozen cookies (he has two weekly two-dozen customers) and sometimes up to six dozen when his less frequent customers kick in. We usually coerce him into making an extra dozen for us.

Being 15 means he wouldn't give me a normal face for the posed photo, but he did spend about twenty minutes clicking shots of cookie set-ups for me and the one I chose above, he did shoot. (I arranged the cookies and he worked on the camera settings and then we kibbitzed about the best angle, lighting, etc. Very fun! He loves photography as much as he loves cookies.) He's really good with our digital camera - the only person in the family to read and apply the instructions in the camera manual.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Oh man, these are fun! A young businessman, eh? Reminds me of our boys. We had some huge pecan trees in our yard, so they shelled them and sold the pecans by the bag. Never had a problem selling them either!

my15minutes said...

That is a fab shot of the cookies...looks like something in Martha Stewart mag.

Dalissa 365 said...

Finally, I get to have a visual for Jacob's cookies. They look so tasty that I'd love to have one right now with a big cup of milk. It's so neat that he is still making cookies after all this time. I love it. And, you and he both did a great job shooting!

NoVA Dad said...

Sounds like you've got an aspiring entrepreneur in the house!

- Matt

flickr

Site Meter