Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Shadow self


Shadowy self, originally uploaded by juliecinci.

I like the way the shadow highlights the colors in the treetrunk. We've had unseasonably warm weather outside and the light in January is gentle and clear. Notice the red lines in the tree and the white bark at the base. If you click on the photo, you can choose a larger size in flickr which makes the colors show up even more.

I also love seeing my own shadow in afternoon because my legs look longer than they are.

6 comments:

my15minutes said...

You're right. Without the shadow I might not have even noticed the red in the tree bark.

Sandie said...

The texture on the tree is great too. THe shadow idea is neat. I am really not liking this weather!!! I am so ready for snow and ice for the sun to glitter off of....

NoVA Dad said...

We've had some unseasonably warm weather recently, too, but that's about to change. It's snowing just a few hours soutwest of here -- we'll get some winter weather before too long!

- Matt

Ampersand said...

I love this shot, especially how the tree cuts off the shadow on one side, like a frame within a frame.

Paula said...

Aren't shadows cool? Sort of like silhouetttes.

Dancingirl said...

Cool! I took a shadow picture of dd when we played miniature golf the other day, but didn't end up choosing it. I like that your shadow is on the tree trunk!

flickr

Site Meter